Message from the Principal
As the school year closes and we welcome the summer months, I wanted to take a moment to reflect, celebrate, and acknowledge the perseverance and dedication of our staff, students, and school community. After school closures for over a year, this year brought its challenges. Despite this, we have A LOT to celebrate and be proud of:
- Fanny Jackson Coppin is in the top 10 of K-8 schools performing at or above grade level in reading and math according to the STAR diagnostic.
- We are one of the top 10 schools with the smallest percent of students scoring at intensive intervention in reading and math.
- We are one of the top 10 K-8 district schools for attendance rates, with 68.1% of our students attending 95% school days or more despite COVID.
- We had ZERO physical altercations in grades 4-8.
- Our school scored within the top 3 schools for implementing PBIS with fidelity and its positive impact on school culture.
I invite you to check out our staff spotlight HERE, where staff had the opportunity to acknowledge their class and personal accomplishments.
You can find a copy of our TENTATIVE August/September calendar HERE. We are excited to welcome everyone to a Back to School Block party in our schoolyard on August 28th and look forward to seeing everyone back on August 29th.
I want to thank each and every one of you for your support of our school. “It takes a village” is more than just a saying – the success of our students is due to your partnership with us.
Wishing you all a safe and restful summer break!
Kelly Espinosa, Principal (she/her)